IDEA provides high-quality social services, such as family counseling, educational and social programs, and financial aid. Our social services are aimed at the well-being and prosperity of the Muslim community. We offer the following:
1. Family Counseling: We provide counseling for family crises, teen and parenting issues, as well as spousal and domestic conflicts.
2. Educational Programs: Our programs are designed to educate our youth in accordance with the teachings of the Quran and our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).
3. Financial Aid (Zakat): The Social and Welfare Committee at IDEA is responsible for providing programs and services to enhance the living conditions of Muslims facing adverse circumstances. This committee manages the collection of Zakat and Sadaqah and ensures that they are distributed, according to Islamic rules, to the needy within the community. Please visit Makkah Masjid in person to fill out the Zakat Form.
IDEA is committed to providing high-quality services and guidance to the community by ensuring the proper Islamic burial for the deceased. Brother Qazi Qadeer of Rahma Funeral Home can provide you with comprehensive services. He can be reached at 972.965.2737. Please do not hesitate to contact our Imam Mufti Hafeezur Rahman at 773.936.5463 for any spiritual guidance.
Makkah Masjid will offer a free clinic as of September 9th, 2023. Please book your appointment online at makkahclinic.org
More information is in the flyer
IDEA offers marriage services at Makkah Masjid. According to Shariah rules, two Muslim witnesses are required. Prior to Nikah, an appointment request must be made with the Imam. The presence of the parents of the groom and the bride is recommended. If their presence is not possible, their consent or approval should be obtained before Nikah. The following documents are required by IDEA for Nikah:
1. A valid marriage license from the county or an official marriage certificate.
2. Two Muslim witnesses (valid identification must be provided by the witnesses).
3. A valid identification such as a driver’s license, passport, I.D., etc.
4. Mahr (a gift from the groom to the bride) must be agreed upon before Nikah.
Please complete the Marriage Form available from the link below.